Quantitative Aptitude is one of the important section in Banking, SSC CGL Tier I and Tier II exams. which was considered quite easy when we know the logic behind the question, so we are providing some model questions which are frequently asked in competitive exams.
1. A triangle has a perimeter of 100. If two of its sides are equal and the third side is 10 more than the equal sides, what is the length of the third side?
2. If 647M is divisible by 11, find the value of the smallest natural number M?
3. 30 men working 4 hours a day can finish a work in 15 days. Find the number of men required to finish the same work in 6 days working 5 hours a day?
4. Two numbers A and B are such that the sum of 5% of A and 4% of B is 2/3rd of the sum of 6% of A and 8% of B. the ratio A : B is
A. 3 : 4
B. 1 : 1
C. 4 : 3
D. 2 : 3
5. Two numbers are in the ratio 3 : 5 if 9 is subtracted from each of the numbers, their ratio become 12 : 23 Find the greater of the two number.
6. The average marks obtained by 40 students in a class are 86. If the 5 highest marks are removed, the average reduces by one mark. The average marks of the top 5 students are
7. The sum of the present age of a father and his son is 50 years five years ago, father’s age was four times the age of the son after 5 years son’s age will be
8. A shopkeeper allows a discount of 10% on the marked price of an item but charges a sales tax of 8% on the discounted price. If the customer pays Rs 3,402 as the price including the sales tax, then the marked price is
A. Rs 3,400
B. Rs 3,500
C. Rs 3,600
D. Rs 3,800
9. A boat travels from City P to City Q upstream and returns from City Q to City P downstream. If the speed of the boat in still water is 35 km/hr and the speed of the stream is 5 km/hr, what is the average speed of the round trip?
A. 36.28 Km/hr
B. 34.28 Km/hr
C. 35 Km/hr
D. 33.33 Km/hr
10. What is the compound interest on Rs. 24,000 for 2 years at 25% p.a, if interest is compounded annually?
A. Rs. 30,500
B. Rs. 13,400
C. Rs. 13,500
D. Rs. 36,500
11. A wire of length 44cm is first bent to form a circle and then rebent to form a square. The difference between the two enclosed areas is
A. 33 cm2
B. 44 cm2
C. 55 cm2
D. 66 cm2
12. A ladder 10m long is leaning against a vertical wall. It makes an angle of 30 degrees with the ground. How high on the wall does the ladder reach?
A. 8.66 m
B. 5 m
C. 17.32 m
D. 15 m