- Category: Word
In Question 1 to 15, Four alternatives are given for the idiom/phrase underlined in the sentence. Choose the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the idiom/phrase.
1. Every political party is at present playing to the gallery
A. Adopting cheap tactics
B. Appeasing the masses
C. Befooling the common man
D. Fighting for votes
- Category: Quantitative
1. 24 men can do a piece of work in 24 days. How many men are needed to do the work in 18 days?
A. 24 men
B. 32 men
C. 30 men
D. 28 men
2. The batting average for 40 innings of a cricket player is 50 runs. His highest score exceeds his lowest score by 172 runs. If these two innings are excluded, the average of the remaining 38 innings is 48 runs. The highest score of the player is
A. 165 runs
B. 170 runs
C. 172 runs
D. 174 runs
- Category: Reasoning
1. Kalidas : Meghdoot : : Kautilya : ?
A. Kamayani B. Kadambari
C. Ramayana D. Arthashastra
2. Sunil left home and walked 5 km southwards, turned right and walked 2 km and turned right and walked 5 km and turned left and walked 5 km. How many kilometers will she have to walk to reach her home straight?
A. 5 B. 7
C. 17 D. 15
- Category: Geography
1. The Jayakwadi Project, Which is one of the largest irrigation projects is on the river
2. Which of the following is a landlocked sea?
A. Red Sea
B. Timor Sea
C. North Sea
D. Aral Sea
- Category: Notes
The components that are needed to our body for the grow and healthy is called as nutrients
Nutrients in our food are
- Carbohydrate – Carbohydrate mainly provide energy to our body
- Proteins – are needed for the growth and repair of our body
- Fats – it’s give much more energy as compared to carbohydrate
- Minerals – Minerals are needed by our body in small amounts.
- Vitamins – help in protecting our body against diseases
- Category: Notes
Nuclear power is the fourth-largest source of electricity in India after thermal, hydroelectric and renewable source of electricity.
- As of 2016, India has 7 nuclear power plants
- 22 nuclear reactors in operation
- Capacity of 6780 MW
- India has “an ambitious plan to reach a nuclear power capacity of 63,000 MW in 2032"
- Category: Notices
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS TO ALL CANDIDATES OF CGLE (TIER-II) 2016 RE-EXAMINATION ON 12TH & 13TH JANUARY 2017
CANDIDATES ARE STRICTLY ADVISED TO DESIST FROM BRINGING BAGS, MOBILE PHONES AND PROHIBITED ITEMS INTO THE EXAMINATION VENUE.